Agoraphobia is a very complex phobia usually manifesting itself as a collection of inter-linked conditions.For example many agoraphobics also fear being left alone (monophobia), dislike being in any situation where they feel trapped (exhibiting claustrophobia type tendencies) and fear travelling away from their ‘safe’ place, usually the home. Some agoraphobics find they can travel more easily if they have a trusted friend or family member accompanying them, however this can quickly lead to dependency on their carer.The severity of agoraphobia varies enormously between sufferers from those who are housebound, even room-bound, to those who can travel specific distances within a defined boundary. It is not a fear of open spaces as many people think.
The blog is going on hiatus for a while. I'm not sure how long, but I need a break from the internet.
Which tells everyone the name of the adoptive parent(s), and links to a site of their choice. Adopting popular rants is a great way to drive more traffic to your site and improve search results.
it's probably better for everyone if you [people who make boob jokes] just stay out of breast cancer awareness movements altogetherWe don't need more money for cancer research, if you're just going to make boob jokes while you do it. Forget it. We don't want to beat cancer that badly. Just go home.
I'm waaaaay late on posting this, but... it's week 4 of Team Pink Eye's fundraising in October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Some time ago I mentioned my participation in this was that people could buy a rant with their donation.
Terms of Sale:
1. Any person donating $10 or more to Team Pink Eye will be entitled to have a rant written by the author of www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com and published on the blog www.lipsticksandlightsabers.com
2. The donation must include the note "Lipsticks & Lightsabers" in the available note box on the donation form. Use of this note will also indicate agreement with these terms.
3. Proof of donation must be provided to the author.
4. The published rant may include a maximum of one URL of the donator's choosing. This will be included in the introduction at the beginning of the post.
5. The subject of the rant may be determined by the donator, however, final discretion rests with the author and subjects may be rejected if they are deemed to be hateful, targeting an individual or group, or if insufficient information on the subject is available.
6. A preview of the rant can be e-mailed to the donator for minor revisions prior to publication.
7. The length of the rant will vary, and is subject to the author's discretion. No specific length is guaranteed.
8. The timeframe for the completion and delivery of the rant is subject to change, dependent on the level of interest. However, any rant not completed within 2 months (60 days) of the donation date will be eligible for refund at the donator's request.
9. Returns will not be accepted. Completed and delivered rants are not eligible for refunds.
We still have this weeks giveaways and the products being sold with proceeds benefitting TPE to get to the goal. Check those out here: Ragdolls Bath and Beauty, Darling Girl, Silk Naturals, Glamasaurus, Cinnamon Cosmetics, Chequered Lily, Simply Sweet Skin, Unique Pigments, and Whimsy Beading. Our best estimate is that we should have a final total by November 12.
I have submitted paperwork to my new employer to see about a matching contribution. Fingers crossed it comes through and we will have exceeded the $1,000 goal. Regardless, it is overwhelming the response TPE has received and we are honored to have been a part of it.
But it's not over yet! We have some outstanding looks and giveaways today. Todays giveaways are sponsored by Silk Naturals, Darling Girl Cosmetics, Unique Pigments, The Chequered Lily, Linnaeus Cosmetics, Cinnamon Cosmetics, and Going Grey. Details on how to enter are below.
Let's get to it! Team Pink Eye Week Four:
Cupcake's Quirky Corner
g l o s t i x
It's French For Staircase Wit
Just A Domesticated Glitter Goddess
Lacquered, Painted, Polished
My Socks Are Better Than Your Socks
Utopista Beauty Blog
I know I'm way behind, but I'm going to distract everyone with pictures of my new kitten so you don't notice!
My good friend Amanda just posted an absolutely excellent guide everyone should read.
Lesson One: There Are Assholes On The Internet
I’m not even going to get into the why’s and how’s of this. Just accept it. 50% of the people you meet on the internet will be assholes. They may be assholes in real life. They may be people blowing off steam from a bad day. They may be trolling. Who knows? The end result is the same. If you are here, also on the internet, then you have pretty much agreed to the unwritten rule that you’re going to have to deal with assholes. Put on your big-girl (or boy) panties and move on. [cont]
I love this song so much.
Glittersniffer Cosmetics: We'll rob you blind! Literally!"
Glittersniffer Cosmetics: Because looking good is more important than just looking.
Maybe she's born with it - Maybe she caught it from Glittersniffer!
Glittersniffer: Fulfilling all your fears about what's in your make-up!
Glittersniffer Cosmetics: As addictive as crack. Though not as safe.
Glittersniffer: Red lips and pinkeye.
Glittersniffer...truly blinding colours
Your optometrist will think you look fabulous!
(Sam - my sister!)
Glittersniffer: Because Crime Does Pay
Huge thanks to everyone who participated!
On a whim, I bought a slim PS2, wanting to re-play Final Fantasy IX on it. Then I discovered it wouldn't play on it. I don't know if it's because the unit itself is broken or if it's because it doesn't support FF IX - the slim PS2 is supposed to be backwards compatible but I've read that some titles are unsupported. Either way, the eBay store I got it from has been incredibly helpful and is exchanging it for me with an original PS2, so I can neglect the blog more and run around on a chocobo. They're even sending me a prepaid shipping label to return the slim PS2 with, and have been incredibly friendly and helpful and so on. If anyone in England is after slightly older pre-owned consoles or games for them, I recommend Gadgets4Everyone.
- My wonderful friend Lo, who's one of those brilliant people who's going to grow up to be president of something, has started her own blog and you should follow it.
- Heartsy? More like failsy.
- Siryn is amazing and annoyingly talented. She posts makeup looks based on comic characters. She knows way more about comics than I do.
There's a million things I should link, too many to sort through. My blogroll badly needs updating, but I'm putting it off until I switch to Wordpress.
I know I've been a terrible blogger lately. I tend to disappear whenever I've got stuff going on, because I can't write very well if I'm upset.
I have a metric fuckton of things to swatch. Over two hundred. Including a MASSIVE Evil Shades follow-up, long overdue Black Rose Minerals, Morgana lip balms, a new UK drugstore brand, four Sleek palettes, Detrivore, Persephone Minerals, a huge Shiro haul, Fyrinnae, Brazen, more drugstore stuff, and more on the way including Lost in Makeupland, RABB, and others.
I'm looking for advice on lip swatches - mine are always terrible, rarely in focus and they never properly show the colour. Does anyone have tips for decent lip swatches?
I'm not very good at this 'asking the audience questions' thing, because I usually just assume people will tell me whatever they want me to know, but here goes:
- Are you interested in mini TV show reviews? What are your favourite shows, past or present? Anything new I should watch?
- Your favourite games console? Computers count.
- I'm trying to try more indies and new companies - is there anything you'd like to see me try/review?
- I'm considering not posting EOTDs anymore. Would anyone mind?
- Life okay?
Britain is not one country. Europe is not one country.
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.
RANT DISCLAIMER: If you think I'm talking about you, and you think I'm wrong and are upset that I'm talking about you and making incorrect assumptions, first please consider that I'm probably not talking about you.
Today is the last day to enter the Glittersniffer Comeback giveaway, so make sure you've got your entries in.